Every year people are injured or killed as a result of hitting buried pipes and cables during construction and excavation work. Besides, damaging existing utilities can lead to substantial cost overruns by causing delays for repairs and relocating of the different services. Utility locating and surveying provides an up-front and cost-effective means of detecting underground utilities.
Subtronic Corporation specializes in the locating, marking, and mapping of all underground utilities and services, using the latest in electromagnetic, acoustic, ground-penetrating radar (GPR) and surveying technologies.
- Electromagnetic methods are the most frequently employed techniques to detect underground utilities made of or containing conductive materials, e.g., steel, copper
- We survey for water, natural gas, fuel lines, electricity, and telephone
Subtronic Corp. can confirm exact locations and depths by potholing with the latest vacuum excavation technology. This information enables design teams to navigate proposed new routes around existing utilities with extra confidence.
- All of our utility technicians are training in the use of GPR, allowing us to find services that otherwise go undetected
- Our utility locators undergo extensive in-house and on-site training and are all certified in compliance with Senate Bill 1359
What we Can Do:
- Detect and mark the utility locations at the site.
- Sketch the utilities onto existing site plans.
- Perform accurate and detailed topographical surveys of all on-site utilities using a combination of GPS (Global Positioning System) or Total Station.
- Create an AutoCAD file using provided or arbitrary coordinates.
- Overlay the Utility AutoCAD fill onto existing site or topographical surveys.