Subtronic Corporation maintains its position at the forefront of international subsurface surveying, by leading both technologically and professionally, and has done so since 1984. Since its inception, Subtronic’s full range of underground utility surveys and geophysical services has saved lives and millions of dollars for public and private sector clients throughout the world. The company continues to lead the market as the subsurface utility engineering company of choice in California because everyone at the organization understands that our modern society depends on the maintenance and intelligent construction of the utilities that we rely on every day.
Founded in 1984, Subtronic Corporation is respected and relied upon as the Bay Area’s leading Subsurface Utility Engineering (S.U.E.) company. Having performed services throughout all of California and the lower 48 States, the company has also supplied expert services to international locations such as Guam, Hawaii, England, and the Middle East. The team are committed to excellence and invest time and capital in the continual training of technicians and the purchasing of the latest S.U.E. technologies.
We understand that every job is unique and has its special requirements, which is why we all have a detailed knowledge of our services and how they can best serve your needs.
Jon Taylor – President and CEO
Jon Taylor relocated from the UK after managing a project that involved mapping the plan and profile of 998 miles of fiber-optic cable between Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Chicago. He is proud to provide the best and most accurate data from underground inspections as possible, and is adding to our growing vacuum excavation potholing division and now presenting utility line drawings in 3-D.
Jon has had a vast experience in locating underground pipes and cables. He possesses the ability to conduct thorough fieldwork and to communicate findings to associates and clients, which ensures that project goals are met in a complete and timely fashion. Since Subtronic acquired its Vac’ n Dig 3000 System, Jon has supervised the confirmation of more than seven hundred utilities.
- We are a DRUG-FREE, safety, and quality-oriented company. All of our utility locating technicians have completed the OSHA mandated (SB 1359) “Competent Locator” training and are 40hr HAZWOPER and Confined Space certified.
Contact our office if you would like to schedule us to perform any of the following services:
- Locate and map underground utilities to avoid damage during excavation.
- Evaluate subsurface conditions using geophysical surveys for geotechnical work.
- Vacuum excavation potholing to physically uncover and know where an underground utility is.
- Find rebar, post-tension cables, or conduits in concrete.
- Tie into an existing electric line, sewer, storm drain, water line or gas line.
- Evaluate the condition of a pipe.
- Find a leak.
- Clean sewers and storm drains.
- Other Utility Services